Film adaptations of other films are usually that, adapted from the original material. Aspects of the original film that is changed, modified and tweaked to fit the context and setting of the remake. Because of this, the marketing and trailers of both films will invariably differ from one another. Or at least, they should. This episode we compare two films, one that is yet to released, but whom both have trailers that look incredibly similar.
In episode 30, Kathy Gibson joins me for a unique look at the Trailers of Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ compared to the original ‘Little Boy’ Trailer.
If this is your first time listening to the show, here is a brief description:
The Split Screen Podcast compares and analyzes movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. This episode compares the trailers of two films that seems to almost have been made exactly alike.
- We catch up on Kathy’s latest Bollywood Movie Reviews.
- Shah & Kathy bitch about ‘Half Girlfriend’.
- Kathy’s Review of ‘Half Girlfriend’.
- Kathy highly reccommends ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’.
- Kathy’s Review of ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’.
- Kathy has ‘Baahubali’ fever!
- Kathy’s Review of ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’.
- Kathy discusses the economy of Bollywood Box Office ticket prices in North America.
- Shah shares his sad and deceptive ‘Lord Of The Rings’ story.
- You can watch the trailer for ‘Little Boy’ here.
- Watch the trailer for ‘Tubelight’ here.
- Shah’s in depth breakdown of all the problems with the ‘Tubelight’ trailer can be read here.
- What is ‘Little Boy’ really about?
- Kathy and I break down the ‘Little Boy’ trailer
- Kathy and I compare ‘Little Boy’ to ‘Tubelight’ trailer and surprised how amazingly similar it is.
- Why do we like Salman Khan films, despite their quality?
- What is is about Salman Khan that encourages fans, despite being aware of his horrible-ness as a human being?
Where To Find Kathy
Kathy’s Bollywood movie review website: Access Bollywood
Kathy’s Twitter: @kathyfgibson
Follow Us Everywhere!
Follow the Podcast on Twitter: @splitscreen_pod
Follow me personally on Twitter: @theshahshahid
Like Us On Facebook: Blank Page Beatdown
Subscribe to the website: Blank Page Beatdown
Email me: email@example.com
Please leave us a Rating + Review on iTunes or Stitcher to show your love and have your Review read on the air!
Where To Listen
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod: Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Split Screen Podcast”. This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
- For Android: Click here to choose an Android App to listen and Subscribe to the podcast. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, search “ Split Screen Podcast ” to find the show.
- For podcast Enthusiasts: If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is here.
- For those who don’t have a mobile device: You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see here for more episodes.