Split Screen Podcast: Episode 27 – The Remake Of ‘Power Rangers’
When a worldwide phenomenon such as the ‘Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers’ is remade into a character driven film for a new generation, we here at Split Screen Podcast would be remiss if we didn’t cover it. The story of a group of rebellious teenagers being given incredible powers that they must use together to save the world, has been updated with a new genre of storytelling in the brand new remake.
Episode 27 of the Split Screen Podcast features a look at the original and the remake of the ‘Power Rangers’.
If this is your first time listening to the show, here is a brief description:
The Split Screen Podcast will compare and analyze movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. The realm of these films contain adaptions of novels, comic books, other films or TV shows, or any other movies that were directly inspired by another piece of work.
- Shah discusses his childhood love for ‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers’.
- A brief history on the ‘Power Rangers’ franchise.
- Depictions in the original series that could be considered groundbreaking or unseen prior to.
- Read Shah’s expectations from the ‘Power Rangers’ reboot, before it released, here.
- Shah quickly discusses Adi Shankar’s ‘Power/Rangers’ short film.
- See the short film directed by Joseph Kahn here.
- How does the new reboot compare with the original TV Series?
- Read Shah’s full Movie Review of ‘Power Rangers’ here.
Follow Us Everywhere!
Follow the Podcast on Twitter: @splitscreen_pod
Follow me personally on Twitter: @theshahshahid
Like Us On Facebook: Blank Page Beatdown
Subscribe to the website: Blank Page Beatdown
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave us a Rating + Review on iTunes or Stitcher to show your love and support the show!
Where To Listen
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod: Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Split Screen Podcast”. This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
- For Android: Click here to choose an Android App to listen and Subscribe to the podcast. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, search “Split Screen Podcast” to find the show.
- For podcast Enthusiasts: If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is here.
- For those who don’t have a mobile device: You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see here for more episodes.