Split Screen Podcast: Episode 26 – Sanjay Leela Bhansali Attacked On The Set Of ‘Padmavati’
When I started the Split Screen Podcast, my goal was to encourage discussion and hopefully promote an understanding of the concept of film adaptations. The understanding of the limitations, but also freedoms associated with adapting any book, play, or real life incident into a 2 hour movie. Given that, I felt that the most recent incident on the set of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s latest film ‘Padmavati’ warranted a discussion.
So join Samarpita Dutta and I as we discuss creative licenses in Episode 26 of the Split Screen Podcast.
If you’re new to the Podcast:
The Split Screen Podcast compares and analyzes movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. In this episode, host Shah Shahid is joined by a guest as they discussed an incident on a Bollywood movie set, and the precedent it sets for remakes in general.
- What is the Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed ‘Padmavati’ really all about?
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali was attacked on the set of his latest film ‘Padmavati’.
- The objections were regarding distortion or inaccurate portrayal of the historical Queen Padmini.
- The letter from both Bhansali productions and the Karni Sena can be seen here.
- Tweet from the Historian disputing claims of Queen Padmini’s existence can be seen here.
- Sam discusses her experiences in India, hearing about Queen Padmini.
- Sam and Shah discuss the limits of creative licenses.
- Deepika Padukone’s tweet regarding the incident can be seen here.
- Shahid Kapoor’s tweet regarding the incident can be seen here.
Where To Find Samarpita
Samarpita’s Twitter: @lipstickpatrol
Samarpita’s Articles on BollyBrit
Follow Us Everywhere!
Follow the Podcast on Twitter: @splitscreen_pod
Follow me personally on Twitter: @theshahshahid
Like Us On Facebook: Blank Page Beatdown
Subscribe to the website: Blank Page Beatdown
Email me: email@example.com
Please leave us a Rating + Review on iTunes or Stitcher to show your love and have your Review read on the air!
Where To Listen
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod: Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Split Screen Podcast”. This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
- For Android: Click here to choose an Android App to listen and Subscribe to the podcast. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, search “Split Screen Podcast” to find the show.
- For podcast Enthusiasts: If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is here.
- For those who don’t have a mobile device: You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see here for more episodes.