Split Screen Podcast: Episode 15 – What’s Left To Come From Bollywood In 2016
Half way through the year, Samarpita Dutta (form BollyBrit.com) and I caught up on our predictions of Bollywood movies from last year. That was last week’s episode that can be found here. This week, we follow up on that follow up by taking a look at the Bollywood movies that are yet to release in 2016.
So without further ado, let’s jump into Episode 15 of The Split Screen Podcast discussing the upcoming Bollywood movies of 2016.
Never Heard The Show Before?
The Split Screen Podcast usually compares a film remake to its original material, like another movie or comic book. This episode however, we discuss, at length, the most exciting Bollywood movies of 2016, that are yet to be released. You can find all the regular episodes of the Split Screen Podcast here.
- We discuss movies that came and went in 2016, without us ever getting a chance to cover on any show: ‘Te3n’, ‘Ek Albela’, ‘Raman Raqhav 2.0’
- [ Since this episode recorded, ‘Kriti’ is no longer available on YouTube, due to a plagiarism controversy. For more on this, view my article here. ]
- Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Rangoon’ has no new updates, but his latest ‘Udta Punjab’ is in the news for all the wrong reasons.
- We discuss the ‘Udta Punjab’ controversy and the censorship issues running rampant in Bollywood.
- Watch the trailer for ‘Udta Punjab’.
- We talk about Irrfan Khan’s powerhouse performance in his new thriller ‘Madaari’.
- Watch the trailer for ‘Madaari’.
- Sam and I try to contain the hilarity experienced from the ‘Mohenjo Daro’ trailer.
- Watch the ‘Mohenjo Daro’ trailer and laugh along with us.
- I completely go down the rabbit hole with latest Akshay Kumar starrer ‘Rustom’.
- We discuss the real life incident that ‘Rustom’ is based on.
- All released images and posters of Akshay Kumar in ‘Rustom’ can be seen on the movie’s IMDB page.
- I groan as Katrina Kaif re-appears on our list alongside her male counterpart Siddharth Malhotra in ‘Baar Baar Dekho’
- Posters and images from ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ can be seen on the movie’s IMDB page.
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer ‘Pink‘ is something I am looking very forward to.
- ‘Manmarziyan’ features the lead cast from ‘Dum Laaga Ke Haisha’, along with Vicky Kaushal.
- Sam and I talk about the interesting, yet underwhelming trailer for ‘Mirzya’, debut of Sonam Kapoor’s brother.
- Watch trailer for ‘Mirzya’.
- I am super excited for ‘Rock On 2‘, while Sam seems less than psyched.
- We are both super psyched for the sequel to ‘Kahaani’, even though ‘T3en’ looked a little like it.
- We discuss what else they can do with that movie?
- I bitch about the exploitative and gimmick marketing campaign of ‘Befikre’.
- All images and posters of ‘Befikre‘ can be seen on their official IMDB page.
- Sam and I both are intrigued and excited about ‘Meri Pyari Bindu’, but wary of its marketing campaign.
- ‘Meri Pyari Bindu’ has two teasers, one with Parineeti Chopra & another with Ayushman Khurrana.
Where To Find Samarpita
Samarpita’s Twitter: @lipstickpatrol
Samarpita’s Articles on BollyBrit
Follow Us Everywhere!
Follow the Podcast on Twitter: @splitscreen_pod
Follow me personally on Twitter: @theshahshahid
Like Us On Facebook: Blank Page Beatdown
Subscribe to the website: Blank Page Beatdown
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave us a Rating + Review on iTunes or Stitcher to show your love and have your Review read on the air!
Where To Listen
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod: Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Split Screen Podcast”. This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
- For Android: Click here to choose an Android App to listen and Subscribe to the podcast. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, search “Split Screen Podcast” to find the show.
- For podcast Enthusiasts: If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is here.
- For those who don’t have a mobile device: You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see here for more episodes.