Split Screen Podcast: Episode 10 – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Remakes South Korean Thriller
When Aishwarya Rai Bachchan decided to do a comeback, I was pleasantly surprised that it was with one of my favourite Bollywood directors, Sanjay Gupta. (‘Kaante‘, ‘Zinda‘) The film in question however, disappointed me greatly, despite being a remake of a very engaging South Korean thriller.
So check out Episode 10 of the Split Screen Podcast, as Kathy Gibson, from Access Bollywood, and I compare the South Korean film ‘Seven Days‘ (2007), and it’s Bollywood remake ‘Jazbaa’ (2015)
A quick refresher on what this Podcast is about:
The Split Screen Podcast will compare and analyze movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. The realm of these films contain adaptions of novels, comic books, other films or TV shows, or any other movies that were directly inspired by another piece of work.
- Kathy provides a Spoiler-free Synopsis of ‘Seven Days’.
- The actress who played Sun in ‘Lost’ is the lead of ‘Seven Days’.
- Kathy and I rate ‘Seven Days’ as 3.5 & 3 out of 5, respectively.
- ‘Seven Days’ does a better job of portraying the moral struggle of main character better than ‘Jazbaa‘.
- Kathy and I rate ‘Jazba as 1.5 / 2 out of 5, respectively.
- Sanjay Gupta goes overboard with the lighting and filters in ‘Jazbaa’.
- I defend Gupta and his style of direction.
- I consider Irrfan Khan to be the best thing about ‘Jazbaa’, Kathy begs to differ.
- Kathy articulates exactly where she gave up on ‘Jazbaa‘.
- We discuss how sometimes, certain casting and importance given to actors can spoil plot twists in movies.
- Kathy and I both agree that ‘Jazbaa’ almost assumes the audience knows the story from ‘Seven Days’, so doesn’t bother explaining certain things.
- Kathy and I both conclude that ‘Jazbaa‘ is far inferior than ‘Seven Days’
- Kathy’s Review of ‘Jazbaa‘.
- My Review of ‘Jazbaa‘.
Where To Find Kathy
Kathy’s Bollywood movie review website: Access Bollywood
Kathy’s Twitter: @kathyfgibson
Follow Us Everywhere!
Follow the Podcast on Twitter: @splitscreen_pod
Follow me personally on Twitter: @theshahshahid
Like Us On Facebook: Blank Page Beatdown
Subscribe to the website: Blank Page Beatdown
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave us a Rating + Review on iTunes or Stitcher to show your love and have your Review read on the air!
Where To Listen
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod: Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Split Screen Podcast”. This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
- For Android: Click here to choose an Android App to listen and Subscribe to the podcast. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, search “ Split Screen Podcast ” to find the show.
- For podcast Enthusiasts: If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is here.
- For those who don’t have a mobile device: You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see here for more episodes.