Split Screen Podcast: Episode 06 – The STAR WARS Saga Christmas Special
It’s Christmas time, and appropriately enough, the Split Screen Podcast this week returns with a very special ‘Star Wars’ show, comparing the Original Trilogy with the much controversial Prequel Trilogy. My guest today is Wendy Fox Weber, a bona fide ‘Star Wars’ superfan, who discusses the impact of both trilogies on the ‘Star Wars’ universe, their various differing elements and what to expect from the new film, ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’.
So check out Episode 6 of the Split Screen Podcast: The ‘Star Wars’ Saga! Stick around to let me know your favourite ‘Star Wars’ moment.
If you’re new to the show:
The Split Screen Podcast will compare and analyze movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. The goal is to essentially determine how good or bad the adaptations were and, most excitingly, going off on long winded, expletive laced rants when they’re bad.
This episode of the Podcast is a special extended episode where we discuss the more intricate and grandiose elements of the ‘Star Wars’ Universe, comparing the two sets of Trilogies the movies have spawned, as well as our expectations from the latest ‘Star Wars’ movie in a generation, ‘The Force Awakens’.
Wendy Fox Weber is a genuine ‘Star War’s fan, there from the beginning. Having seen the original films in theaters, Wendy has been a die hard supporter ever since. What’s most exciting to me, is that my teeny tiny Podcast has been graced with someone who, would essentially be #CareerGoals, (yes, I hash tagged in a post, deal with it) given that Wendy Fox Weber is the Entertainment Editor for The Chicago Tribune Media Group for Suburban Chicago Newspapers. So she basically does professionally, the thing that I like to think, that I do with this website. So support the printed arts medium by checking out the Chicago Tribune, (they also have a website) and follow Wendy on Twitter for all your Star Wars discussion desires.
The Text Crawl Highlights!
- Meet Wendy: bonafide ‘Star Wars’ superfan!
- Wendy recounts her introduction to, and experience with the ‘Star Wars’ Legacy.
- If for whatever reason, you have an aversion to TV, movies, pop culture, the internet and human interaction, and happen to know nothing about ‘Star Wars’, hear the Spoiler-free synopsis by Wendy.
- Wendy and I discuss why ‘Star Wars’ is such a big deal.
- I relate elements of the ‘Star Wars’ franchise to Bollywood, and why it may appeal to Bollywood fans.
- We debate the viewing order of all 6 ‘Star Wars’ films: numerical, or order of theatrical release?
- Which themes were represented in each Trilogy, and how effective were they in the story?
- We discuss the accessibility of the Prequel Trilogy to the Original.
- It’s Mark Hamill Versus Hayden Christensen as the leads of each Trilogy are compared!
- I make excuses for Hayden Christensen’s acting skills in the Prequel Trilogy.
- Wendy suggests that the entire ‘Star Wars’ is a lonely attempt for the Emperor to find a friend. *sad face*
- I state that the only distinction between Luke and Anakin, was that Anakin couldn’t handle the pressure of being ‘The First Hope’. (get it? ‘Cuz Episode IV?)
- We outline our expectations and hopes from the new ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’.
- Wendy refutes a big fan-theory about the new movie, with conviction!
- My in-depth thoughts and film-by-film reviews and ratings on both the Original Trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy is up now.
Where To Find Wendy
Wendy’s Twitter: @tvjedi
Wendy’s e-mail address: email@example.com
The Chicago Tribune website
Follow Us Everywhere!
Follow the Podcast on Twitter: @splitscreen_pod
Follow me personally on Twitter: @theshahshahid
Like Us On Facebook: Blank Page Beatdown
Subscribe to the website: Blank Page Beatdown
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave us a Rating + Review on iTunes or Stitcher and have your Review read on the air!
Where To Listen
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod: Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Split Screen Podcast”. This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
- For Android: Click here to choose an Android App to listen and Subscribe to the podcast. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, search “Split Screen Podcast” to find the show.
- For podcast Enthusiasts: If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is here.
- For those who don’t have a mobile device: You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see here for more episodes.